Dr. Heithaus is in-network for Premera, Regence, Providence and LifeWise insurances.
All other insurances are considered out-of-network and patients will be billed as “Self-Pay”. Patients are responsible for copays or for maximum billable amount if you have an unmet deductible. Call your insurance provider to inquire about details of your coverage.
ALL patients are required to have PHOTOS of their ID and current insurance card uploaded to the Patient Portal → Patient Portal Documents option.
Paying Your Balance:
- Self-Pay and Phone Consultations: Secure online payments can be made 48 hours after your appointment date through the Patient Portal → Pay My Bill option.
- In-Network Patients: Your insurance will be billed after each appointment. Billing statements will be mailed to you with any remaining balance the following month. Secure online payments can be made via PayPal
- Alternative Payment Options: Balances can also be paid by
- Mailing the top portion of your statement with a check or credit card information into our office
- Calling the office with credit card information
Patients with an outstanding balances of 90+ days will be mailed a statement with a “Final Reminder” for payment. If payment is not received within an additional 30 days, your account will be sent to a Collections.
Office Visit Fees
There will be an increase in Self Pay Office Visit and Phone consultation fees starting January 1, 2020
For in-network Patients (Premera, Regence, Providence, LifeWise):
- New Patient (90 minutes) $290
- Established patient follow up – 60 minutes $257
- Established patient follow up – 30 minutes $210
For out-of-network Patients (Self-Pay)
- New Patient (90 minutes) $290 (new rate Jan 2020 $350)
- Established patient – 60 minutes $240 (new rate Jan 2020 $250)
- Established patient – 30 minutes $120 (new rate Jan 2020 $175)
Phone consultations are available for established Patients only a 21-30 minute call is $120 (new rate Jan 2020 $140). Also, starting January 2020, she will offer new 15 minute phone consultation option for “quick medication check-in” at $75.
We do not bill phone consults to your insurance. Payment can be made by signing into the Patient Portal → Pay My Bill
Late Cancellations and Missed Appointments
As of January 1, 2020 Missed or Late Cancellation fees charges will increase (see below)
A minimum of 24 hours is required to cancel or reschedule any appointment that you are unable to keep. A fee of $100 will be charged for any missed or cancelled appointment with less than 24 hours notice. Please be aware that insurance does not reimburse fees incurred for missed appointments.
As of January 1, 2020 Missed Appointment/Late cancellation fees will be as follows:
- In office 30 minute visit – $150
- In office 60 minute visit $200
- Phone consultation 15 minute – $50
- Phone consultation 20-30 minute – $120
- New patient evaluation (90 minute) – $300
All Patient’s missed appointment/late cancellation fees will be charged to their accounts 48 hours after the scheduled visit. Payment can be made by signing into the Patient Portal → Pay My Bill.
- $50 any medication Prior Authorizations that requires more than 15 minutes to complete
- $75 for Accommodation Letters or other paperwork not completed during your scheduled office visit
- $50 per medication that has Refill Requests submitted between visits
To avoid incurring these fees, please ensure that we have up-to-date Insurance information, that you bring necessary forms/paperwork to your scheduled office visit and you are aware of your medication plan before you leave the office.