Step #1 – New Patient Inquiry
Step #2 – Patient Portal Registration & Intake Form
Register for our Patient Portal following instructions received in the email invitation. (Only Chrome browser can be used with the Patient Portal)
After successfully setting yourself up in the Patient Portal download, complete, SAVE and upload the New Patient Intake via the Patient Portal – “Patient Portal Documents”.
Step #3 – Intake Form Review
Dr. Heithaus will review the completed Intake Form to determine if she is a good fit for you. Once the review is completed we’ll send an email instructing you to move to Step #4 or an email with a list of providers who may better suit your needs.
Step #4 – More Forms
Upload the completed Forms and Photos as listed below Using the Patient Portal – Patient Portal Documents option
- Contact your Health Insurance to clarify any questions you have concerning coverage, deductibles and copays
- Upload photos of your Driver’s License, Insurance Card and Pharmacy Card, if applicable, to the “Patient Portal Documents”
- Complete, SAVE and then upload to “Patient Portal Documents” the following forms:
Once the above forms and photos are uploaded, email us at FrontDesk@DrHeithaus.com. We’ll send you dates to schedule your first appointment. You may want to contact your Insurance provider to clarify questions you may have concerning coverage, deductibles and copays.
Step #5 – Scheduling Your 1st Visit
- From the Patient Portal: Request appointments by going to the “Appointments” button with enter “New Patient” in Reason for Visit field. To complete scheduling you must “Confirm” or “Deny” the appointment through the Patient Portal and under the “Appointments” button, or
- Contact our office to schedule your appointment.
What to Expect During Your 1st Visit
Parking: There is ample paid parking in front of the office and many nearby bus stops. Parking is congested during the lunch hours so allow yourself enough time to find a space and get to the office.
Office: You can access the 4th floor by elevator or stairs. Suite 408 is located in the SW corner of the building.
Upon entering the waiting area, Dr. Heithaus’ door is straight ahead and it may have a “DO NOT DISTURB” sign hanging on the doorknob. Gently knock on the door twice so that Dr. Heithaus knows you’ve arrived. She’ll come out to get you when she’s ready.
The Initial evaluation is scheduled for 90 minutes. Please make sure you’re aware of prescribed medications and how many refills are being scheduled before you leave. You may also schedule your next follow up visit with Dr. Heithaus during this time, or contact the office or use the Patient Portal to request an appointment.
Self Pay patients will be able to pay their balances on the Patient Portal – “Pay My Bill” within 48 hours of their visit.
In-network insurance Patients will be sent a statement the month following their visit.
See Billing Statements and Paying your Balance for more detailed information.