The PATIENT PORTAL Messaging feature is reviewed Dr. H infrequently; please send personal information relevant to your care and/or medication trials only.
All other inquiries related to Billing, Scheduling, Pharmacies, Medication Schedules, Prior Authorizations, Accommodation Requests, etc should be sent to the office manager, Deb, at Frontdsk@DrHeithaus.com or 206.428.2080
We respect your time, and we hope you’ll respect ours. Seattle traffic is unpredictable! Please allow plenty of time to arrive, park and get to our office for your appointment. If you are more than 10 minutes late, your appointment will be charged as a “No Show” and will have to be rescheduled.
- Request an appointments through the Patient Portal → Appointments option. You will receive an email with a message to login to the Patient Portal. Once in APPOINTMENTS you can “Confirm” or “Deny” the scheduled appointment. For additional help using the Patient Portal see our guide to using the Patient Portal.
- Or if you prefer contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.
PLEASE NOTE: In-office appointments can not be changed to phone consultations the day of your scheduled appointment.
We respectfully require a 24 hour notice by text, phone or email to cancel or reschedule appointments. Less than 24 hours notice will result in a late cancellation fee being charged to your account. As of January 1, 2020 these fees for missed appointment/late cancellations will be increasing. For additional details please review information on the Payments & Insurance page.
After medications are first prescribed or if there were changes to your medication schedule Dr. Heithaus would like to follow up with you in the office within 2 to 4 weeks.
- This helps to ensure proper medications are being prescribed and will decrease the side effects you may experience.
- If you’re not experiencing adverse side effects and your symptoms improve, a follow up visits will be scheduled within 6-8 weeks.
For patients on maintenance therapy follow up visits need to be scheduled every 3 to 4 months.
If it has been 12 months since your last appointment you will need to schedule a 60 minute office visit to ensure your history can be updated and all concerns can be addressed.
Patients are responsible for making an appointment prior to their medication running out. Prescription schedules are determined during your appointment and are sent electronically to your preferred pharmacy. Schedule II drugs are highly regulated. Additional prescriptions will not be provided beyond what was scheduled during your last appointment.
Dr. Heithaus will electronically send ALL of your prescriptions to the pharmacy on the day of your visit. These prescriptions will be ON FILE in your pharmacy profile and can be filled every 28 days. If your pharmacy does not contact you regarding a “refill”, then call your pharmacy to request the Prescription ON FILE be filled.
Know your prescription schedule prior to leaving your appointment! You may also contact the office to inquire about your medication schedule.
How to determine when to schedule your next office visit
If your office visit is Feb. 1, and you’re prescribed 3 months of medication, then expect your pharmacy will receive a transfer of your prescription every 30 days as follows:
- Prescription #1 – Feb. 1
- Prescription #2 – March 2
- Prescription #3 – April 1
Using the example above, you’d want to schedule your next appointment at the end of April as you will be out of medication by May 1.
- If there is a pattern of requesting refills in between appointments, you will be charged $50 per medication refill request.
- Requests will not be transferred to your pharmacy if you have an Account balance of >90 days.
- Allow 3 to 5 business days for all refills on Medications (although most refills will take less than 48 hours)
- Stimulant Medication Refills: Dr. Heithaus will not provide additional refills beyond what was scheduled at your last appointment. It is the patient’s responsibility to know their medication schedule and to make a follow up appointment prior to running out of medication. Contact the office if you have questions.
- Non-Stimulant Medication Refills: Ask your pharmacy to FAX a Refill Request for non-stimulant medications to 206.350.6697. Email, voicemail or text refill requests sent by the patient will not be accepted.
- Dr Heithaus will not provide maintenance/on-going prescriptions for Benzodiazepines (Xanax, lorazepam, clonazepam, diazepam) or Ambien. Patients need to see their Primary Care Provider for these types of medication prescriptions.
If there should be an emergency where you require a refill of a non stimulant medication, have your pharmacy fax a Refill Request marked “URGENT” to 206.350.6697. If you’ve already picked up Schedule II medication, legally you cannot receive another prescription for 28 days. This includes if medication was left at home while you’re traveling, if the medication has been lost or spilled, etc. Stimulant refills cannot be approved for these situations.
Changing Your Pharmacy
If you’d like your prescription transferred to a different pharmacy, notify our office at least 3 business days before your next refill is scheduled.
Accommodation Letters / Paperwork
You may at times need a letter from your physician to support specific work or school accommodations, having a therapy pet or for traveling. Dr. Heithaus will gladly complete forms during your regular follow up visit. If a form or letter is needed prior to a scheduled follow up a $75 fee will be incurred. Please allow 2 weeks for letters to be completed and returned to you.
- $100 – missed or cancelled appointment with less than 24 hours notice
- $50 – any medication Prior Authorizations that requires more than 15 minutes to complete
- $75 – Accommodation Letters or other paperwork not completed during your scheduled office visit
- $50 per stimulant medication that has Refill Requests submitted between visits
To avoid incurring these fees, please ensure that we have up-to-date Insurance information, you bring necessary forms/paperwork to your scheduled office visit and/or you are aware of your medication plan before you leave the office.
Missed Appointment or Late Cancellation fees can be found HERE
If you are not in town to pick up a scheduled prescription, but will run out of medication while gone, contact the office. In most cases, an “early release” approval for your prescription can be requested. Notify the office at least 3 business days to complete this request.
Established patients are able to schedule follow up visits via telephone. In-office appointments will be expected after two phone consultations. Phone consultations are $120 for 30 minutes, $240 for 60 minutes. Please contact the office to get more details.
Consultations via email/text are not offered in this office. If you find that you need to clarify your current treatment plan or have a more complex question regarding your treatment or medication, you may email the office with detailed but concise list of questions pertaining to your current treatment schedule/plan. Requests for changes or additions to your current medication schedule will require you to schedule a follow up appointment.
Authorization to Release Medical Records
A Release of Medical Records must be completed, signed and returned to our office to have your medical records sent to another healthcare provider or to share information between healthcare providers. Please allow three weeks for processing and forwarding your records to a new healthcare provider.